Articles in Peer-Reviewed journals
'Jason Shiga’s Meanwhile and digital adaptability of non-traditional narratives in comics' from Journal of Graphic Novels and Comics Volume 6, Issue 1, 2015
My Academia.edu profile has the abstracts for papers I have presented for conferences:
- Mapping the Journey: The Cartography of Autobiography at Sixth International Graphic Novel and Comics Conference / Ninth International Bande Dessinée Society Conference, University of London Institute in Paris (Jun 23, 2015)
- Structural Subversion: Violence Against the Comics Form at Comics Forum 2014, Leeds, UK (Nov 13, 2014)
- Experiments with Form: Comics’ Relationship with Literary Postmodernism at Fifth International Graphic Novel and Comics Conference, London (Jul 19, 2014)
- Subjectivity of Memory in Childhood Graphic Memoirs at Cultural Politics of Memory Conference, Cardiff, UK (May 16, 2014)
- Digital Adaptability of Nontraditional Narratives In Comics: A case Study of Jason Shiga’s Meanwhile at Scotland And The Birth of Comics, Joint International Bande Dessinée Society/International Graphic Nove and Comics Conference 2013, Glasgow (Jun 25, 2013)
- Fun Home and Persepolis: Autobiographical Approaches at Adventures in Textuality Conference, Sunderland, UK (Apr 4, 2013)
Non-Peer Reviewed Writing
You may also be interested in other writing on comics I have done for non-peer reviewed websites.
I have had the opportunity to teach courses on a number of topics and in a variety of media. Below are portfolios of student work which highlight a range of responses to assignments in two demonstrative classes.